Jan 4, 2016

#applepay #applepaycanada
Long Story Short, You can use Apple Pay in Canada  any retailer where accepts American Express(Amex) with Contactless Machine


Good News! Finally, Apple pay is launched in CANADA! 


Bad News! It only works with American Express yet!




Alright! To be honest, I wasn't apple user and I have hated apple product. Yes! I was one of those people. However, I had to change my Galaxy note 4 to Iphone 6 last Dec of 2015 because not only my wife wanted me to change it but also I wanted to try new phone other than Android (or Samsung)

Anyway, long story short, I ordered American Express credit card with Airmiles so that I can start collect Airmiles and I just realized that I could use Apple Pay just before Christmas and I already had American Express with me! Yay!! (It was little bit disappointing though that I only be able to use Amex not Visa or Mastercard but it's ok!)


Registering American Express on my Iphone 6 was extremly easy.

Step 1) Bring your Amex
Step 2) Wallet->Apple pay-> click "+" on top of right
Step 3) Scan your Card and put security code! Done!
(You might have to verify your card with apple pay by email or phone depends on situations)

Done! So now what? I was wondering where I can use this Apple pay and I started google and this is what I found on Apple website


 Is that it? It was too limited than I thought... and it was little confusing the descriptions what they wrote where I can use my apple pay.
anyway... you can use your Apple Pay at least at Tim hortons and Mcdonalds...

Last week, I went to Chapters with my wife to get some Christmast card which was on Clearance and I happened to use apple pay and the cashier was saying " Wow! did you just pay with your phone? what is it? is it an app or something?" so I replied "It's an apple pay!" Ha ha felt so awesome but it means that not many people use apple pay yet in Atlantic Canada I think.

over all, I found out that some of Mcdoanld doesn't accept Amex so that I couldn't use Apple Pay but I had no problems at Tim Hortons.

Later with more research, I found really cool app which is called "Pay Finders" and this shows every stores where you can use your apple pay near you. So, please try this app as well.

Also I learned it later that apple pay should be working at every stores where accpets Amex with contactless machine.(Actually, I was little surprise the number of the shops that you can possibly use your apple pay)

Even though, there was some limitation using apple pay in Canada yet, I felt it was very convinent and Samsung pay and Google wallet should be felt threatened.
I hope that major six banks of Canada can make a deal with apple very soon so that I can use apple pay everywhere!

.




Tagged: ,

0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment